The eosAC is a robust, recirculating soil flux chamber for measurement of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4) and nitrous Oxide (N2O) multi-species gases with the Los Gatos Research UGGA and Picarro gas analyzers. Up to twelve autochambers can be connected to the analyzer via the eosMX multiplexer. The eosAnalyze software enables processing of logged data on any Windows-based computer.
Soil Flux Chamber Technology
The eosAC uses the automated closed dynamic chamber technique (Pumpanen et al., 2004) for measurement of soil gas flux (CO2, CH4, N2O). Using the eosMX or eosMX-P multiplexer you can connect up to 12 eosAC devices to your gas analyzer.
Proven in the Field
Deployed all over the world, the eosAC soil gas flux chamber has shown its strengths in measurement of CO2, CH4, N2O in a broad range of environments, from strawberry fields to rain forests.
Designed for Accuracy
The eosAC leads the way in soil gas flux chamber design with:
- Slow raising/lowering that eliminates pressure effects during measurement
- Vent design that ensures steady atmospheric pressure without compromising samples through back diffusion
- Gas feed/return loop that promotes efficient mixing
Setup of the eosAC soil gas flux chamber is remarkably simple, so you are up and running fast. Its compact size and space-saving lift mechanism help it avoid entanglement with things like undergrowth and vines. With a reach of 30 m / 100 ft (15 m / 50 ft for LGR UGGA) for each chamber from the analyzer, you have a huge coverage area of about 2800 m2 / 30,000 ft2.
- Easy setup
- LGR gas analyzer integration (CO2, N2O, CH4)
- Picarro gas analyzer integration (CO2, N2O, CH4)
- Long term unattended measurements
- Flux calculation software
- Compact spatial requirement
- Robust aluminum construction
- Powder-coated finish
- Integrated pressure venting
- Built-in chamber temperature and pressure sensors
- Peripheral ports for additional sensors (soil temperature & soil moisture)
- Ambient Temperature: 0 C to 50 C / 32 F to 122 F
- Ambient Humidity: 100% RH, non-condensing
- Power: 12 V DC, < 8 W
- Chamber Volume: 1969 cm3 / 120 in3
- Weight: 5 kg / 11 lb
White Papers & Articles
- Biases of Temporally Sparse Data and Measurement Scheduling on Flux Estimates
- Evaluating gas emission measurements using Minimum Detectable Flux (MDF)