The eosAC is a robust, recirculating soil flux chamber for measuring multi-species gases with the Los Gatos Research UGGA and Picarro gas analyzers. Up to twelve autochambers can be connected to the analyzer via the eosMX multiplexer. The eosAnalyze software enables processing of logged data on any Windows-based computer.
Soil Flux Chamber Technology
The eosAC uses the automated closed dynamic chamber technique (Pumpanen et al., 2004) to measure the soil gas flux. Using the eosMX or eosMX-P multiplexer you can connect up to 12 eosAC devices to your gas analyzer.
Proven in the Field
Deployed all over the world, the eosAC has shown its strengths in a broad range of environments, from strawberry fields to rain forests.
Designed for Accuracy
The eosAC leads the way in autochamber design with:
- Slow raising/lowering that eliminates pressure effects
- Vent design that ensures steady atmospheric pressure without compromising samples through back diffusion
- Gas feed/return loop that promotes efficient mixing
Setup is remarkably simple, so you are up and running fast. Its compact size and space-saving lift mechanism help it avoid entanglement with things like undergrowth and vines. With a reach of 30 m / 100 ft (15 m / 50 ft for LGR UGGA) for each chamber from the analyzer, you have a huge coverage area of about 2800 m2 / 30,000 ft2.
- Easy setup
- LGR analyzer integration
- Picarro analyzer integration
- Long term unattended measurements
- Flux calculation software
- Compact spatial requirement
- Robust aluminum construction
- Powder-coated finish
- Integrated pressure venting
- Built-in chamber temperature and pressure sensors
- Peripheral ports for additional sensors
- Ambient Temperature: 0 C to 50 C / 32 F to 122 F
- Ambient Humidity: 100% RH, non-condensing
- Power: 12 V DC, < 8 W
- Chamber Volume: 1969 cm3 / 120 in3
- Weight: 5 kg / 11 lb
White Papers & Articles
- Biases of Temporally Sparse Data and Measurement Scheduling on Flux Estimates
- Evaluating gas emission measurements using Minimum Detectable Flux (MDF)