Our newest automated soil flux chamber is the giant of our products. Its large durable design allows you to cover more area at your field site and the extra height means you can now observe the effects of small vegetation – especially with the transparent or opaque design options. With the eosMX multiplexer connect up to 12 chambers to your Picarro, LGR or Gasmet (see below for additional Gasmet gases) analyzer for continuous measurement of Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Methane (CH4) and Nitrous Oxide (N2O) multi-species gases. The eosAnalyze software enables processing of logged data on any Windows-based computer.
Soil Flux Chamber Technology
The new soil gas flux chamber uses the automated closed dynamic chamber technique (Pumpanen et al., 2004) for measurement of soil gas flux (CO2, CH4, N2O). Using the eosMX or eosMX-P multiplexer you can connect up to 12 eosAC devices to your gas analyzer.
Proven Design for Accuracy
The new soil gas flux chamber design leads the way with:
- Slow raising/lowering that eliminates pressure effects during measurement
- Vent design that ensures steady atmospheric pressure without compromising samples through back diffusion
- Gas feed/return loop that promotes efficient mixing
- NEE/CO2 flux
- Agriculture N2O
- Wetland CH4
Setup of the new soil gas flux chamber is remarkably simple, so you are up and running fast. Its large size allows for a larger measurement area. With a reach of 30 m / 100 ft (15 m / 50 ft for LGR UGGA) for each chamber from the analyzer, you have a huge coverage area of about 2800 m2 / 30,000 ft2.
- Transparent or opaque design
- Easy setup
- Base is designed to stack if more height is needed
- LGR gas analyzer integration (CO2, N2O, CH4)
- Picarro gas analyzer integration (CO2, N2O, CH4)
- Gasmet gas analyzer integration (CO2, N2O, CH4, H2O vapour, CO, NH3)
- Some of the isotopic analyzers (d13CO2, d13CH4, d15N2O)
- Long term unattended measurements
- Flux calculation software
- Aluminium frame
- Teflon tubing
- Integrated pressure venting
- Built-in chamber temperature and pressure sensors
- Peripheral ports for additional sensors (soil moisture, PAR and temperature)
- Power: 12 V DC, < 8 W
- Chamber Volume: 0.072 m3 / 2.5 ft2
- Chamber Surface Area: 0.21 m2 / 2.3 ft2
- Weight: 16 kg / 35 lb
- Auxiliary Sensor Ports: 2
For more information see the Technical Specifications .